Safeguard for Agricultural Varieties in Europe
SAVE Meeting 2020 canceled
Dear colleagues and friends of SAVE Foundation
The SAVE Board was discussing a longer time wether or not the SAVE meeting 2020 can take place. The conclusion is that the situation is still not really safe and we cannot be sure, if the European possibilities for crossborder travelling will be given in September. Therefore the SAVE meeting for 2020 is canceld. If there are any urgent questions to discuss please contact the SAVE network office in Wageningen: Nonja Remijn email@example.com.
Stay healthy, and see you again in person latest in 2021!
Your SAVE Foundation Team
The SAVE website uses a self-signed certificate for encrypted data transfer. Therefore, the server name does not match the domain name. Many browsers complain the connection as nonsecure. Once you confirm the reliability of the SAVE website, the browser accepts the website.
SAVE e-News 01/2020
Dear Friends of SAVE Foundation and Colleagues
The SAVE eNews 01/2020 are available
The topics of the current edition:
- Access to Seeds: How free should it be?
- About the Chicken and the Egg: Proveis Ultentaler
- Proveis-Ultentaler: Customs and Traditions
- Horizon 2020 Project IMAGE - Conservation and Support of Animal genetic Resources
- The potato of the native Americans as an integral Part of a National Monument
- Genetic test to include animals in the herd book
- MoU signed between Global Crop Diversity Trust and ECPGR
- Droimeann Cattle Breed recognised as a Native Rare Irish breed
- CAP Scientist Position Paper
- Save the Date – SAVE Meeting 2020
- DYNAVERSITY – towards European Policy Makers
- Atlante delle Razze Autoctone. Bovini, Equini, Ovicaprini, Suini allevati in Italia
- DAGENE Conference 2020
- Greek rare Breeds as Art Objects
- Achieving Sustainable Urban Agriculture
- Rural Europe on the move
- Longer Shelf Life for Fruits and Vegetables thanks to edible Coating
We wish you and your families good health in these difficult times and despite all problems a happy Easter time.
as usual, we are open for constructive criticism and stimulation from your side at any time. If you have a suggestion for an article or a special topic please contact us.
Thank you very much for your interest!
Your SAVE Foundation Team
On February 4th - 6th the last annual meeting of IMAGE (Innovative Management of Animal Genetic Resources) and the final conference of the project took place. .
A policy brief on the outcomes of IMAGE show the broad range of work and respective results:
- Stakeholder involvement at all stages of the project
- New approaches to use genebank material for breeding
- Regulatory recommendations for reproductive biotechnologies for collections in national gene banks
- Genotyping and sequencing data
- Value of gene bank collections
- Web portal for genebank collections
- A multi-species SNP chip
- Publicly available software MoBPS for using gene bank material
Also onyoutube several descriptions, interviews and presentations are available.
During the Dialogue Fora run by SAVE especially the stakeholders outside the scientific actor asked for short information sheets about important but sometimes difficult questions about the topics ""Access and Benefit Sharing Rules" and "Sanitary Regulations" in context with the exchange of
gene bank material.
The website uses a self-signed certificate for encrypted data transfer. Therefore, the server name does not match the domain name. Many browsers complain the connection as nonsecure. Once you confirm the reliability of the SAVE website, the browser accepts the website.