Safeguard for Agricultural Varieties in Europe
SAVE Board of Directors Meeting 2020
As you can see there was a constructive and highly concentrated online meeting of the SAVE Board of Directors on September 18, 2020. The picture shows a section of the participants.
The SAVE website uses a self-signed certificate for encrypted data transfer. Therefore, the server name does not match the domain name. Many browsers complain the connection as nonsecure. Once you confirm the reliability of the SAVE website, the browser accepts the website.
SAVE e-News 03/2020
Dear Friends of SAVE Foundation and Colleagues
The SAVE eNews 03/2020 are available
The topics of the current edition:
- Archaeology meets agrobiodiversity: Valle dei Templi di Agrigento
- Conservation by eating Principle of contradiction for consumers
- Shoot testing of apple varieties for fire blight susceptibility
- ABS regulations in Practice
- Suffolk Punch: Science meets Conservation
- The 100 – Year – Experiment
- European Green Deal Call
- Efficiency of a Network for Securing and Access to in situ LR Diversity
- First Open-Source-Test for a gene-edited GM crop
- Smaller, greener, healthier? – Livestock farming in Europe
- Edinburgh Declaration agreed Calls for global biodiversity action at all levels
- Migration, Agriculture and Rural Develpoment
- The Dog in the Hamster Wheel
Have a successful autumn harvest!
As usual, we are open for constructive criticism and stimulation from your side at any time. If you have a suggestion for an article or a special topic please contact us.
Your SAVE Foundation Team
On February 4th - 6th the last annual meeting of IMAGE (Innovative Management of Animal Genetic Resources) and the final conference of the project took place. .
A policy brief on the outcomes of IMAGE show the broad range of work and respective results:
- Stakeholder involvement at all stages of the project
- New approaches to use genebank material for breeding
- Regulatory recommendations for reproductive biotechnologies for collections in national gene banks
- Genotyping and sequencing data
- Value of gene bank collections
- Web portal for genebank collections
- A multi-species SNP chip
- Publicly available software MoBPS for using gene bank material
Also onyoutube several descriptions, interviews and presentations are available.
During the Dialogue Fora run by SAVE especially the stakeholders outside the scientific actor asked for short information sheets about important but sometimes difficult questions about the topics ""Access and Benefit Sharing Rules" and "Sanitary Regulations" in context with the exchange of
gene bank material.
The website uses a self-signed certificate for encrypted data transfer. Therefore, the server name does not match the domain name. Many browsers complain the connection as nonsecure. Once you confirm the reliability of the SAVE website, the browser accepts the website.